Friday, March 02, 2012

Deliciocity Friday: Home Made Quesadilla's

I love a lot of food from Taco Bell but my wallet does not agree with my tummy's interest in visiting there often.

I created my own recipe of quesadilla's a few years ago and everyone that I've made them for has said they love them.

An extra plus is that they are fairly easy to make and can be tweaked to fit the taste of each person very easily.

Ingredients:
Tortilla shells
Taco seasoning powder
Cheese
Taco packets
Meat if wanted

I use my largest skillet so that the tortilla shell can lay flat.
Keep the temperature very low, usually about a 3 at most.

Pour some taco powder into a small bowl and mix with a few drops of water.
The amount pictured will be enough for two maybe three quesadilla's.

Put a tortilla shell in the pan and sprinkle on shredded cheese. 
For the top tortilla shell use a knife to spread the powder mixture on one side of the shell.

Using the packets of sauce sprinkle on as much as you want. The more packets used the hotter the flavor.

If you want a meat it should be precooked and added on top of the cheese.

Put the second shell on top, seasoning side in towards the cheese.

After letting it all sit for a moment use a spatula to flip and allow to sit a little longer.
Remove and cut with a pizza cutter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!