Monday, January 09, 2012

Paper Butterflies

If you have been to my house you know that I have some decorations that are directly on the wall.
The flames painted above the thermostat, the cherry blossom tree painted in the living room and the dice painted game room door just to name a few.

My newest edition is a collection of butterflies flying across the wall in the game room/library.
I took some book pages created from this project: book safe
And some old music sheets like were used in this project: music love 

I mostly hand sketched the butterflies on to the paper, then cut them out. 
I bent the wings up and attached a strip of double sided tape to the body and stuck them directly to the wall. 


Just to the right of these pictures are my bookcases and the framed "music love" piece I created so these butterflies are flying from the books and up and over the door. 


Of course if you doubt your drawing abilities you could use one of the fancy cutting machines (I don't have one but I'm sure they'd have a way to make this faster) or you could trace butterflies off something else.

Let your imagination take flight!

2 comments:

  1. I like the subtleness in the color of the butterflies so they are there but not in your face there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did a great job! they are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!