Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Fifty-six Hearts Later...

And you have a banner!


I noticed some really pretty Valentine's/heart themed fabrics around and bought a few inches of some. 
Then I looked at my heart themed fabrics in my stash at home and realized just how many options I already had!
I decided to cut out two hearts of each pattern fabric and picked out four solid fabrics and cut out enough hearts to sew onto the back of the patterned hearts. 
I traced the hearts using a small heart shaped box to get uniform hearts, then cut with pinking shears.
Matched the fabrics, cut out twenty-eight pieces of light pink, thin satin ribbon at four inches long.
 Sewed the hearts wrong sides together and sewed the ribbon at the same time. 
I then used a darker pink shear ribbon (about an inch wide) and pinned a heart to dangle every four inches, doubling over the satin ribbon. I then sewed down the entire length of the dark shear ribbon. 
 
Ready to hang! 
56 hearts total (28 back to back), more than 9 feet of thin pink satin ribbon, around 10 feet of pink shear ribbon, some thread and a good chunk of time. 
I love how it turned out.
(and I was amazed at just how many heart themed fabrics I have) 
Took pictures of the hearts four at a time so you can see the different patterns and how it looks.









This post brought to you by the fact that bills like SOPA and PIPA have not yet been passed. http://sopastrike.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!