Friday, February 17, 2012

Deliciocity Friday: Sugar Cookies

One of the things I like about this Sugar Cookie recipe is that they are a little sweet but not too sweet. 
 
If you like a little treat then just the cookie is great. If you like more sweet then frosting them takes them that extra step.
 
Ingredients:
1&1/2 C butter
2 C sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 C flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
 
I've made this recipe before with good results but this time I tweaked a few things.
I dropped a couple table spoons of butter and substituted an ounce of cream cheese for each table spoon of butter I left out.
I also added an extra half teaspoon of vanilla extract and about two table spoons of sugar to counteract the tartness of the vanilla.
 
Start by creaming the butter (and cream cheese if you use it) and sugar. Then one by one add in the rest of the wet ingredients.
 
In a separate bowl shift all the dry ingredients and beat into the wet ingredients, one cup at a time.
 
It is best to let the batter sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour, especially if you are going to roll them out and cut them.
It is also possible to just put them by the table spoon full onto a cookie sheet and bake them as little balls. Certainly a possibility once you get tired of rolling and cutting the cookies!
 
Bake the cookies at 400 degrees for 5-8 minutes. This recipe makes 6-7 dozen cookies, which is why you might get sick or rolling and cutting!

 
If you choose to frost the cookies you could use regular store bought frosting or you could make frosting by mixing a cup of powdered sugar with 2-3 tablespoons of milk.  
 

3 comments:

  1. I found your blog on the linky followers blog hop and I am glad I did. I love different recipes for sugar cookies, and you are right, sometimes one gets tired of rolling them out, Lol. Great Idea.
    I would love for you to hop over and check out my blog.

    My Turn (for us)
    http://myturn-evelyn.blogspot.com

    Thanks, I enjoyed the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..they look great!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you via the Linky Followers Blog Hop 2! Following you via Linky. Come visit my blog, when you have a moment to spare! Tera - http://www.eccentricleopard.com/ - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!