Friday, June 15, 2012

Deliciocity Friday: FriChik and Noodles

No, not fried chicken, FriChik.
Not a typo.

FriChik is a "fake meat" that I love. 
It's much more healthy then real meats and is so good I'll happily eat it straight from the can.

Find out more about FriChik here.

Besides "as is", I also like making it into a sandwich and makes a main dish called FriChik n noodles.

I've known this recipe longer then I can remember and just make it without much thought but I'll do my best to give instructions you can try.

Ingredients:
Package of noodles
1 Can of FriChik
1 Can mushroom soup
Mayo
Sour cream
Salt

I grew up on the noodles being wide egg noodles but I now usually make it with small shells and personally like that better.

Cook the noodles as described.
While cooking open your can of FriChik and cut or tear into small pieces.

In a large bowl mix the cooked and drained noodles with the FriChik and add in the can of mushroom soup. Next add about a half cup sour cream and about a cup of mayo/salad dressing.
Add salt and any more mayo to taste.

Mix well and serve.

Not that complicated but oh so delicious and creamy!

1 comment:

  1. haha I gotta find some FriChik!! Love it's name haha

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality! I can't wait to see what you'll be linking up this evening!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!