Friday, May 25, 2012

Deliciocity Friday: Taco Salad

I got this recipe from my dear friend Medrith, who I believe she said she got it from her Mother-In-Law.
I have tweaked a few small things though.

Ingredients:
1 Head lettuce
1 Tomato
1 Can olives
1 Can chili beans
1 Cup shredded cheese (approx)
1 Cup whipped salad dressing (approx)
1/2 Cup ranch dressing
Nacho cheese chips
 Taco seasoning package (optional)

Chop or tear the lettuce into smaller pieces and put into a large bowl.
I chop about half the tomato and set aside because hubby likes tomatoes, I can't stand them.
Next drain and chop up the olives.
Drain most of the liquid off the beans and add to the bowl with the olives and lettuce.

Mix in the cheese, whipped salad dressing (miracle whip) and ranch.
Adding the ranch was one of my edits and not required, just gives a little extra flavor.
Another one of my adds was the taco seasoning. I probably add about a tablespoon or a bit more.

For the chips I usually crush them in the bag but only add them to the individual plates, this keeps them from getting too soggy. If all of the dish is getting eaten quickly then it's safe to add the chips to the dish.

Easy and delicious. Makes a great dish for when it's too hot so you don't want to slave over the hot stove! (aka all of summer hehe) 

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I LOVE taco salad! Stopping by from the Networking Blog Hop...I am your newest follower! I would love if you would check out my blog and if you like what you see please follow back :)
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE taco salad!!! Yummy!!

    Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!