Friday, July 13, 2012

Deliciocity Friday: Kryptonite Cupcakes



Yes, I realize that title shows some nerdiness. 
I'm alright with that!

This is another semi-homemade recipe but of course you could tweak it for your abilities and preferences.

I started by making a filling.
I used:
4 Tbsp cream cheese
1 tsp cocoa powder
1 Tbsp powdered sugar

Start with the cream cheese being soft (room temperature) and mix all these ingredients well. 

I started with a basic yellow cake mix. I prepared that as instructed but added mint flavoring, about 1/8th of a teaspoon. But you can make that more or less as you want. My goal was a slightly minty flavor, not over done.
I also folded in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.

I put most of the batter in first then added the cream cheese mixture. Finally finished off with the rest of the mixture.
Bake as directed on the mix.

For your frosting; start with a simple white frosting. Add green food coloring till you like the look and just a couple drops of mint. The frosting you can easily taste test but remember that you'll be adding the mint of the cupcake.

Allow the cupcakes to cool, then frost and try to eat just one at a time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!