Friday, April 27, 2012

Deliciocity Friday: Easy Bread Recipe

My hubby loves bread.
Sometimes if you give him bread and cream cheese he's his perfectly happy.
So I wanted an easy recipe that I could whip up without too much trouble.
This recipe is about as easy as it gets.
 
 
Ingredients:
2 cup warm water
1 package yeast
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons sugar
4 &1/2 cups flour 
(I used all purpose)
 
Start with the warm water in a medium bowl, add the yeast and stir thoroughly. Let sit for a few minutes.
 
Then add the salt and sugar. Next add the flour. I added a half cup at a time, continually mixing. I believe I added four and a half cups. Basically you want the dough a bit sticky but not bad.
 
Cover and let sit. After a little wait mix and kneed the dough some more. Then cover and let sit a little while longer.
 
Preheat over to 450 degrees.
Grease a regular loaf pan (or form into a loaf shape on a flat baking sheet) and place the dough in the pan. 
Bake for approximately 40 minutes.
 
It makes a dense, moist bread that tastes wonderful with a little butter.

 
(Sorry for lack of an after picture of the whole loaf, it smelled too good so I dug in before remembering to take a picture!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!